Covid Startup questions

dowens

Covid Startup questions

Post by dowens »

A few quick questions as I prepare for the year:
What are you plans with masking in the shop environment (assuming you are back in physical environment at some level)? Thoughts about fogging glasses? Other things?
What about cleaning of equipment? Janitors job? Shop teachers job?
Planning on having students have their own welding gloves and helmets, safety glasses, faceshields, etc (all these provided by school)
We are on a split schedule (half on campus, half off campus on alternating days). I'm planning on using Miller Openbooks for the distance learning component of our metals class. CAD distance learning is a cinch. What about woods distance learning? Any ideas, gang?

dowens

Re: Covid Startup questions

Post by dowens »

Got this from a friend:
Good morning guys. I recommend going to teachconstruction.org and signing up to receive their free curriculum. Agree to the survey as it is how they collect data and present to industry, which supports the development of the curriculum. How do I know? I just got off the phone with Michael Smith because I didn't agree to the survey and wanted to learn more. I'm impressed with what is on the website and wonder why I didn't come across it sooner. Have a great day and long weekend.

Honkertech

Re: Covid Startup questions

Post by Honkertech »

Right on... will check it out